The Home and Program Partnership
Social Responsibility during COVID-19 Is Essential
To help reduce the risk of COVID-19 exposure at CPE Enrichment Program, the Program expects all families to AVOID:
- Hosting or attending gatherings, events, and other high-risk activities where proper social distancing and mask wearing are not practiced.
- Attending rec and club sporting events and any other large affairs where social distancing and mask wearing are not practiced.
- Unnecessary travel. Any student returning from out-of-state travel (international or within the U.S.), especially from areas where the local or state health department is reporting large or rapidly increasing numbers of COVID-19 cases, or whose household members have traveled to such an area, is required to follow the Maryland Department of Health guidelines for testing and self-quarantining. The School Nurse should be notified.
THE PARTNERSHIP BETWEEN HOME AND PROGRAM IS ESSENTIAL IN HELPING TO ENSURE A SAFE AND HEALTHY CAMPUS FOR EVERYONE. WE HAVE A SHARED RESPONSIBILITY TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF ILLNESS, ESPECIALLY COMMUNICABLE DISEASES.
The Program expects that families WILL:
- Wear masks in accordance with state and local guidelines.
- Practice and reinforce hygiene measures at home, like handwashing and covering coughs and sneezes.
- Keep their child at home at the first sign of any illness.
Thank you for your continued partnership as we navigate into the future. The health and safety of our community members are top priorities.
The Program will enforce this policy if we learn about any such behavior. In some circumstances, students might be required to submit proof of a negative COVID-19 test result before returning to campus.